struts-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Oldeboershuis <...@outermedia.de>
Subject checkboxes
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2000 12:55:07 GMT
Hi there,

we have a problem with checkboxes. If I understood it right, the setter
won't be called if the checkbox is not checked. I do know that http
forms do not submit unchecked checkboxes, but there must be a workaround
for struts!

My suggestion is to add an special init method to the ValidatingForm
which is ALWAYS called BEFORE the parameters are set. In that method one
could set ALL the checkbox parameters to false... the checkboxes which
are checked will override this when the parameters are evaluated! The
developer has to watch the type of input of the form closely for
changes!

A more transparent approach would be better. The checkbox-Tag would have
to write something into the session for later evaluation by the
ActionServlet.

Please let me know if something like this is planned for the next
version or how one could help!

thanx!
	simon