struts-dev mailing list archives

From Rod McChesney <r...@expressaction.com>
Subject Re: Request to reserve two hidden field names
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2000 21:38:24 GMT
Also note that you can rephrase code like this:

<struts:input type="submit" value="Button1"
  onClick="document.menu.strutsCmd.value='button1'">

as

<struts:input type="submit" value="Button1"
  onClick="this.form.strutsCmd.value='button1'">

which makes it more generic because it does not require the name of the
form to be repeated, so cut'n'paste is less error-prone.

This has nothing to do with reserving the names, of course, because in
that case the onClick is generated anyway.

Rod McChesney