struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Miller" <chris_overs...@hotmail.com>
Subject multipart/form-data
Date Sun, 20 Aug 2000 16:16:11 GMT
I have created a form that has a <struts:file> element, and hence have set
enctype="multipart/form-data" in the <struts:form> tag. I also have some
other text and textarea fields I am submitting with the form.

The problem is that my validatingActionForm does not seem to get it's
properties set for the text & textarea fields, so my validation always fails
(and when the form is redisplayed the field values are all set back to blank
entries). If I don't have the enctype set the form properties get set
correctly.

Is this a limitation with HTTP or struts? My understanding is that all the
form data should still get submitted - perhaps it needs special handling for
a multipart/form-data submission?