struts-dev mailing list archives

From David Geary <sabrew...@tri-lakesonline.net>
Subject Re: Simple Strut Application Throws Exception
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2000 20:56:46 GMT
"Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:

> David Geary wrote:
>
> > I'm having problems getting the simplest of struts applications to work.
> > Here it is:
> >
> > <%-- test.jsp --%>
> > <%@ taglib uri='/WEB-INF/struts.tld' prefix='struts' %>
> > <struts:message key='one.resource'/>
> >
> > I have followed the directions for installing and using struts from the
> > readme file, but I'm getting the following exception:
> >
> > javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Missing resources attribute
> > org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE at
> > org.apache.struts.taglib.MessageTag.doStartTag(MessageTag.java:332) at
> > _jsp._struts_22dsimple_22dexample._test__jsp._jspService(/struts-simple-example/test.jsp:1)
> >

> Either put this file into WEB-INF/classes, or put it inside a JAR file in WEB-INF/lib.

Thanks, I put the properties file in web-inf/classes and it worked -- with Resin. Tomcat still
throws the same exception, so perhaps tomcat is not initializing the servlet after all, as
Jeff
suggested.

Luckily, I'm not picky about which web server I use.

Anyway, thanks to you guys for responding. I'm strutin' now. :-)

david