streams-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Blackmon <sblack...@apache.org>
Subject Streams Participation in ACNA Hackathon
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2019 22:57:30 GMT
Hello Streams Team,

You may have seen a recent email I sent to this PMC (and other PMCs) asking which projects
are interested in getting some work done together at ACNA 2019 in Las Vegas in September.

https://www.apachecon.com/acna19/hackathon

I think we could run a fun and productive operation there; at high level helping anyone who
comes to the Streams table to export their own social data, process it into Activity Streams
format, enrich it using one or more of our processor modules, and load/view/query it in a
graph database.

Anyone who makes it through that process will have feedback we can capture about how the experience
of building their personal social graph db, how the data acquired is ultimately organized,
and additional data sources and enrichments they would like to add, all of which we can capture,
and some of which we might be able to implement on-site.

Additionally, there are probably some neat collaborations we could do together with committers
for other projects.

If this sounds interesting and you want to help, please let me know.  I will be at the hackathon
for most of the conference, but will have other responsibilities, so it would be A+ if some
other committers could be there too.

Steve