streams-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Blackmon <sblack...@apache.org>
Subject Pull Request with prototype AS 2.0 support
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2018 15:27:59 GMT
 Aloha,

Last week I gave a presentation at ApacheCon titled Personal Data
Portability using Apache Streams.

https://apachecon.dukecon.org/acna/2018/#/scheduledEvent/0eca59eeb832b40bb

I’ve just submitted a pull request containing the code I wrote preparing
for this presentation, and invite your feedback.

https://github.com/apache/streams/pull/458

In summary, I wrote translations that convert the export archives available
to users for download from twitter, instagram, facebook, google plus, and
youtube into TTL (turtle) files containing Activity Streams 2.0 activities.

During my talk I showed triples from my social accounts in an RDF
triple-store (Stardog), coupled with a SPARQL endpoint visualized with a
graph browser (Linkurious).

I think this a promising set of features for Apache Streams to offer - I
encourage you to use this to process your own social data and help me
improve these translations.

Steve

Note: this code is experimental and has plenty of room for improvement
(perhaps a complete re-write).