streams-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Blackmon <sblack...@apache.org>
Subject DISCUSS: Consolidate Example modules with Project Repo
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2018 20:26:57 GMT
 I’d like to discuss consolidating apache/streams-examples into
apache/streams under a new top-level module ‘examples’.

We had some good reasons for keeping them isolated during incubation, but
I’ve come around to the perspective that the significant simplification to
our setup, test, CI, website publish, and release processes we would get by
merging them in would outweigh all of the benefits of keeping them apart.

Also I think the negatives of having the examples reside inside the project
can largely be mitigated by adding a new profile that shades and
integration tests the examples but is disabled by default.

Lastly, given that Flink, Kafka, and Spark are all getting by with their
examples hosted inside their primary SCM, I see no reason Streams couldn’t
do the same

Any +1 or alternative perspectives on the matter?

Steve