streams-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Blackmon <sblack...@apache.org>
Subject Standardizing how Providers are configured
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2017 17:48:55 GMT
Hi dev@streams,

One of our project objectives that I feel strongly about and want to make
progress on in 2018 is to reduce disparities between the configuration
objects that initialize similar providers from various data sources.

TL;DR - The way a provider is launched should be based on the category of
data expected and the constraints that are expected to hold on the
normalized version of that data.  Not based on the internals of how the
provider goes about obtaining that data as is currently the case.

I’ve created a wiki page to get into the design of this fairly significant
change, and would appreciate your feedback and participation in the process.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STREAMS/Common+Provider+Config+Format

Thanks,
Steve