streams-dev mailing list archives

From Suneel Marthi <smar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: {VOTE} move to gitbox
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2017 22:35:51 GMT
On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 4:39 PM, Ate Douma <ate@douma.nu> wrote:

> On 2017-07-05 22:16, Suneel Marthi wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 3:40 PM, Ate Douma <ate@douma.nu> wrote:
>>
>> On 2017-07-05 20:31, Suneel Marthi wrote:
>>>
>>> Just this week, Apache OpenNLP moved all of their repos to gitbox.
>>>>

>>> Hmm, just checked their mailinglists and only found one single thread
>>> voting
>>> on that move, again without *any* context.
>>>

>> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/b2b7c066b79f1f13f733b9b
>> 205c71c57e156a7577a14b7061cbc8610@%3Cdev.opennlp.apache.org%3E
>> <https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/b2b7c066b79f1f13f733b9
>> b205c71c57e156a7577a14b7061cbc8610@%3Cdev.opennlp.apache.org%3E>
>>

> Yes, that's the one single thread I could find.
> But no argument or context there either.
> Maybe everyone voting on this at openNLP already knows everything about
> gitbox,
> or they just voted blindly, hoping for the best?
>
> I'm happy to vote on this, but I'm still clueless for what.

With the present setup (without gitbox): this is how u have to merge the
PRs (the cumbersome, manual way) -
http://mahout.apache.org/developers/github.html

With gitbox setup, this is how u do it (the way its supposed to be, see the
section merging a Pull Request) - http://opennlp.apache.org/using-git.html