streams-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <apache....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: schema.org POJOs
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2017 22:19:51 GMT
Hi Steve

I'm interested in participating. It looks like the open source project at github is focused
on python. Is this right?

I have no experience with either the schema.org model or usage but I have used maven and java.

Craig

> On Jul 26, 2017, at 8:20 AM, sblackmon <sblackmon@apache.org> wrote:
>
> As you may know, Activity Streams 2.0 was written to explicitly support schema.org types
as first class citizens.  Given that, I’ve been thinking we should work to support schema.org
throughout the project.

> The schema.org data model is a hierarchical class inheritance framework with properties
inherited from parent class - which will be straightforward to implement by creating jsonschemas
and generating beans the same way we do for the activity streams schemas.

> I looked for a maven-enabled OSS licensed implementation of the full set of schema.org
pojos, but didn’t find anything, which leads me to believe such a thing would potentially
be useful to the java community.

> Is anyone interesting in collaborating to make this happen?  There are just under 600
total entities to model and they are organized such that it would be simple to sub-divide
the effort among several or many participants.

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org