streams-dev mailing list archives

From sblackmon <sblack...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Adopt gitbox
Date Thu, 18 May 2017 18:00:26 GMT
GItbox is the software that facilitates the integration such that github acts as the primary
repo.

https://gitbox.apache.org

There is indeed an infra step to reconfigure the project’s git repos.

Additionally, each committer has to link their apache id with their github account using https://gitbox.apache.org/setup/

In the parallel thread Joey and Trevor have indicated support.

Are there objections from mentors to moving ahead?

Steve

On May 17, 2017 at 12:18:06 PM, Joey Frazee (joey.frazee@icloud.com) wrote:

How does gitbox fit into this? I’m totally on board with changing the origins so that the
PR merges can be done directly from Github, but I don’t know if I understand the gitbox
part.

> On May 16, 2017, at 2:40 PM, sblackmon <sblackmon@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I learned this afternoon that infra now supports transitioning to a git setup, gitbox,
capable of more native integration with github, including the ability to merge pull requests
from within the github UI.

> My understanding is we just need to ask to go through this transition. We’d all need
to change our origin to the new url, but otherwise there should be no downside to the swap.