streams-dev mailing list archives

From sblackmon <sblack...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] JSON.org license is now category-x
Date Sun, 19 Mar 2017 22:02:49 GMT
I created https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STREAMS/Twitter+Provider+Refactor with
a more concrete proposal for how to do this.  I welcome feedback or any volunteers who want
to help.

Steve
On March 6, 2017 at 10:59:44 AM, sblackmon (sblackmon@apache.org) wrote:

So this is still something we need to take care of, and the clock is ticking down to April
30 2017. I opened STREAMS-496 this morning.

I think it will be straight-forward to remove the twitter4j client from the providers, at
least from a request / response perspective, using our twitter provider pojos.

Where I have zero useful expertise is replicating the process of turning an instance of org.apache.streams.twitter.TwitterOAuthConfiguration
into the headers that actually get sent with each request.

Does anyone have enough background in how oauth works (on twitter specifically, but also more
generally) to help out with this?

Steve

On November 28, 2016 at 5:03:23 AM, Stian Soiland-Reyes (stain@apache.org(mailto:stain@apache.org))
wrote:

> On 2016-11-14 17:04 (-0000), Joey Frazee wrote:
> > The ASF recently reclassified the JSON license for org.json as category-x because
of its "shall be used for Good, not Evil" clause [1].

> > There does not appear to be any direct usage of it in Streams but there are a number
of dependencies in Streams that do depend on org.json, most notably Twitter4j, and it does
appear in the poms.

> There are also repackaging like org/apache/geronimo/bundles/json/20090211_1/json-20090211_1.jar

> to be aware of, which is used by jackson-datatype-json.org, which at least for Streams
0.4 was referenced here:

> /org/apache/streams/streams-core/0.4-incubating/streams-core-0.4-incubating.pom: jackson-datatype-json-org

> /org/apache/streams/streams-provider-moreover/0.4-incubating/streams-provider-moreover-0.4-incubating.pom:
jackson-datatype-json-org
> /org/apache/streams/streams-master/0.4-incubating/streams-master-0.4-incubating.pom:
jackson-datatype-json-org