streams-dev mailing list archives

From sblackmon <sblack...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Streams (incubating) 0.5 RC1
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2017 19:55:24 GMT
I did hit a test failure (in streams-runtime-local) when doing a clean build using these command
in a virtual box docker vm.

But when I ran the same commands in a docker image on a real ubuntu system, everything worked.

My hunch is odd problems may crop up when the host system is very constrained in memory /
CPU.

I’m not sure whether we can eliminate these sorts of issues altogether, but I also don’t
think there's a release blocker out of this discussion.

+1 to close out this vote and take to IPMC.

Steve

On March 8, 2017 at 9:11:10 AM, Matt Franklin (m.ben.franklin@gmail.com) wrote:

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 4:06 PM Matt Franklin <m.ben.franklin@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 11:12 AM sblackmon <sblackmon@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Matt,
>
> Could you share the commands you ran that demonstrated the test failure
> and I’ll try to replicate?
>

> I executed the following:
>
> docker run -it maven:latest /bin/bash
> svn co
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/streams/0.5-incubating
> cd 0.5-incubating
> unzip streams-project-0.5-incubating-source-release.zip
> cd streams-project-0.5-incubating
> mvn clean install
>
> I have since tried this on a separate computer with no issues and will try
> again tonight on a third. If a couple more people could try the above on
> theirs, I am willing to write this one off as an environmental fluke with
> my Docker system.

Anyone else try the steps above? I have had success with 2/3 machines, so
changing my vote to

+1 (binding)

Assuming it is environmental and specific to that computer. Unless someone
else chimes in with a failure, I will close the vote and move it to the
IPMC today.