streams-dev mailing list archives

From sblackmon <sblack...@apache.org>
Subject Hello on behalf of Podling Streams
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2017 17:29:17 GMT
Hello,

Juneau came to my attention recently and I’ve just had the chance to read through the documentation
and play with the micro service samples.  Congrats on your second apache release.

I’m on the PPMC of Podling Streams - http://streams.incubator.apache.org , Your project
is interesting to me and I just wanted to say hello and start a dialog.

We use jackson and typesafe config heavily - so there’s a possibility we could switch to
juneau for those capabilities as it appears you already have feature and (potentially?) performance
parity.

We maintain hundreds of JSON schemas from which we generate POJOs which are used within the
project.  The code-gen process supports internal and external $ref - I noticed that Juneau
has similar code so perhaps we could combine efforts on that front.

In addition to POJOs we’ve got maven plugins that can use json schemas to generate scala,
and resource files to configure platforms including cassandra, elasticsearch, hive, and pig
to store / analyze compliant json documents.  This is a relatively immature capability that
we built ourselves because a) maintaining files like that is a headache and b) we didn’t
see anyone else addressing it using schemas.

One specific question I have about Juneau is whether you plan to add support for JSON-LD in
2017.  We are putting together a plan to support Activity Streams 2.0 and will need a fairly
sophisticated JSON-LD engine to make that work.

I welcome anyone from your community to join our list and suggest other ways we might collaborate.