streams-dev mailing list archives

From sblackmon <sblack...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] interest in maintaining streams-runtime-pig?
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2016 22:16:47 GMT
Let’s keep to our plan to close STREAMS-155 in the 0.5-incubating release.  It’s come
up in now twice during IPMC reviews.

If someone wants to put up a pull request covering streams-runtime-pig that switches from
cdh to apache official dependencies and keeps all the test passing in the several weeks before
the release, great.

Otherwise, I think we should remove it from the reactor or delete it before the release rather
that retain an inflexible dependency on cdh4.

Steve
On December 3, 2016 at 2:08:35 PM, Suneel Marthi (suneel.marthi@gmail.com) wrote:

Ok with me, unless there r active users of pig that may have objections.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 3, 2016, at 2:51 PM, sblackmon <sblackmon@apache.org> wrote:
>
> In attempting to resolve STREAMS-155, I’m finding that switching from pig version 0.11.0-cdh4.6.0
to apache pig 0.11.2 breaks the tests. The fix does not appear to be trivial.

> I’ll just ask outright if anyone has any interest in maintaining the pig binding? If
not I’m inclined to remove it from the reactor or delete it outright.