streams-dev mailing list archives

From Suneel Marthi <smar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Why separate Streams-Master and Streams-Project ?
Date Tue, 27 Dec 2016 23:27:31 GMT
Flink announced 1.1.4 release this weekend

slf4j is out with 1.7.22

and other dep jars that might change ...

On the other Apache projects I am on I see some of the jars being updated
with each release, so its expected that the master changes frequently.

On Tue, Dec 27, 2016 at 5:54 PM, Matt Franklin <m.ben.franklin@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 4:27 PM Steve Blackmon <steve@blackmon.org> wrote:
>
> > This could be a breaking change to dependent projects.
> >
> > For example, if your internal streams repo's parent pom is streams-master
> > and streams-master suddenly disappears in the latest release, that’s
> going
> > to take some refactoring to fix.
> >
> > Additionally, there’s significant impact to poms, to documentation, to
> > Jenkins, to the project website build and deployment process.
> >
> > For these reason I think it should not be rushed into a maintenance
> > release.
> >

> I am still curious why the master file is changing so often...
>

> > Steve
> >
> > On November 26, 2016 at 1:22:23 PM, Suneel Marthi (
> suneel.marthi@gmail.com
> > )
> > wrote:
> >
> > Do we wanna target this for 0.4.1 or 0.5 release ?
> >
> > On Sat, Nov 26, 2016 at 10:00 AM, sblackmon <sblackmon@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Agreed - reopened STREAMS-255.
> > > On November 25, 2016 at 2:00:51 PM, Suneel Marthi (smarthi@apache.org)
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > > Seems like we have consensus in merging streams-master and
> > streams-project.
> > > If correct, let's target this for 0.5 release.

> Streams-project

> there
> The
> > source