streams-dev mailing list archives

From Suneel Marthi <smar...@apache.org>
Subject 0.4.1-incubating Release and priorities for 0.5-incubating
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2016 03:08:15 GMT
While working on the 0.4.1-incubating release this weekend, we faced
process challenges that need to be addressed before the next release and
for Streams to be TLP graduation-worthy.

1.  The release process was broken due to recent fix and had to manually
fix the release versions across all the POMs across all the 3 projects.

2.  Facebook credentials timeout very quick and there's no easy fix for
that, time to start conversation around how to address this in the long
term.

3. Release script as it is now on the Release website is inadequate and
doesn't accurately describe the release process.

4. Integration Testing of streaming plugins fails sporadically on some
environments for no apparent reason, need to harden the Integration Tests
for plugins.

5. The checkstyle link didn't work during the release process and had to be
manually fixed.

6. Merge streams-master and streams-project into one single project, this
will save us some dependency issues while releasing streams-examples.

I'll be creating High Priority jira issues for these and would emphasize
that these need to be addressed prior to the next release.

Regarding the 0.4.1-incubating release, its likely that the build and tests
may not pass on the first attempt and have to be repeated a few times, if u
do encounter any such issues - please feel free to veto the 0.4.1 release
and we could focus efforts on fixing all of the above issues and rolling
out a 0.5 release early next year.

Regards,
Suneel