streams-dev mailing list archives

From sblackmon <sblack...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Better managing website SVGs
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2016 21:22:45 GMT
Following up about how we manage DOT/SVG files:

I discovered this morning that cwiki.apache.org has a plugin for managing graphviz files.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STREAMS/Graphviz+Diagrams

After some experimentation, I think I’ve confirmed that the following will work:

a) migrate dot files out of our source control repos and into confluence
b) place them in a page hierarchy aligned with our source hierarchy
c) manage their content from here on out in confluence
d) embed them in the web page as we currently do, using links such as https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/66854246/integration.svg.svg?api=v2
e) the SVG representation of each diagram gets created by the confluence plugin and exposed
to the web by confluence CMS.

To the degree we want older versions of the diagrams to remain accessible, we can store their
SVGs in the confluence CMS in perpetuity.

I’ve opened STREAMS-462 to do the above, and to add a section to the website describing
how to alter embedded diagrams.

Steve