streams-dev mailing list archives

From sblackmon <sblack...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Promoting on social channels
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2016 16:14:53 GMT
+1!

Created a wiki page to start organizing a plan.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STREAMS/Apache+Streams+Social+Accounts

Trevor, Timothy, thanks for volunteering, please set up apache wiki accounts and I’ll grant
you edit permissions.

Steve
On November 4, 2016 at 10:14:48 AM, Trevor Grant (rawkintrevo@apache.org) wrote:

I've noticed that Apache Streams, a project dedicated to social monitoring,
has an ironically small amount of social activity. @ApacheStreams exists
on twitter and is inactive.

I propose someone in the community take charge of accounts across major
platforms. Nothing fancy, especially getting started. Something as
simple as just tweeting/fb_posting / linkedin whatevering about releases
and upcoming talks would be a huge first step.

I think we as a community are getting big enough that our marketing has to
expand beyond Steve giving talks at conferences.

There's a lot of ways this could go, just want to get us starting to think
about it.

tg