streams-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Blackmon <st...@blackmon.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Maturity Model Assessment
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2016 18:21:50 GMT
On Nov 25, 2016 11:58 AM, "Suneel Marthi" <suneel.marthi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for starting this @sblackmon.
>
> Could we make 2 releases (both releases managed by folks != "sblackmon").
>
> Since the recent 0.4 release, there have been minor bug fixes and
> performance improvements, we could cut a release in the next one week -
> call it 0.4.1.

I think all of the changes that have merged are suitable for a minor
release. There were changes made to the facebook module translations, but
those had fallen out of sync with the provider to the point that documents
coming out of the 0.4 release providers were missing a ton of useful
informaton.  So i think we can make an exception to the a general
preference to not change data schemas in a non-backwards compatible way in
a minor release.
+1

> We do have a planned major release 0.5 for end of December.
>
> The idea is to have more frequent releases to demonstrate maturity in the
> release process and each release managed by a different Release Meister.

+1

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STREAMS/Apache+Maturity+Model+