streams-dev mailing list archives

From sblackmon <sblack...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] planning, categorizing, commencing issues in JIRA
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2016 20:56:41 GMT
On October 24, 2016 at 12:37:32 PM, Suneel Marthi (smarthi@apache.org) wrote:
On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 3:26 PM, sblackmon <sblackmon@apache.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thanks to a lot of fresh attention recently (thanks Joey, Suneel) we’re
> down to ~50 Open issues without a FixVersion.
>
> There are a few themes:
> - problems with streams-runtime-local / streams-monitoring
> - improvements / alterations to schemas / data handoff patterns
> - new / better providers and persisters
> - documentation / website / examples
> - other bugs
>
> Additionally, there’s are a few big topics being tossed around that need
> to be scoped and prioritized, such as
> - Activity Streams 2.0
> - changing core interfaces
> - new runtimes
> - streams API
> - streams UI
>
> Specifics aside,
>
> Does anyone else see a need to start tagging issues with epics and/or
> components and/or labels? Preferences on how?

I think the first step is to define the 'Components' for the project and
tag each jira against one/more components. Before we start creating more
Jiras.

I’ll take a shot at an initial list:

core
providers
processors
persist
plugins
runtimes
schemas
tests

miss anything?

> Does anyone have suggestions on how to start formalizing, breaking down,
> and scheduling these larger efforts?

If it helps to create Scrum boards and prioritize TODOs for each release
(assuming one release/month), let's start doing that. Need to file an
Infra ticket to enable Scrum boards in Jira for the project.

on it.