streams-dev mailing list archives

From sblackmon <sblack...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Beam and Kafka Streams
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2016 20:47:10 GMT
I suspect that a lot of streams functionality would be relatively straightforward to run on
kafka streams, although I’ve never tested this.

Recently we wrote a demo on how to run streams components in flink, with an end-to-end integration
test:

http://streams.staging.apache.org/site/0.4-incubating-SNAPSHOT/streams-examples/streams-examples-flink/flink-twitter-collection/index.html

It would be great I think to do the same using kafka streams.

Regarding Beam, there have been a number of ideas and theories floated on the list and but
nothing concrete has been proposed or discussed in depth.

Steve