streams-dev mailing list archives

From sblackmon <sblack...@apache.org>
Subject 0.4 Progress Report
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2016 04:37:07 GMT
Wanted to send a general internal progress report, from my perspective.

Per https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12338530 0.4-incubating resolves/closes
50 issues.  Some of them impacted 5 or more modules.

Record participation, which will be quantified in the incubator report shortly.  Good discussions
covering the now, the next, and the big picture of the project.  Thanks to everyone who pitched
in.

Five items on the draft AS 2.0 transition plan https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STREAMS/Activity+Streams+2.0 were
accomplished.

Very significant progress made toward making streams easier to run for the less-experienced
/ less-committed.

We’ve got 25 issues tagged for 0.5-incubating covering a very diverse set of improvements.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12338721

Some of these issues will take serious refactoring, I estimate 0.5-incubating at 1.5X-2X as
much work total as 0.4-incubating.

Let’s keep building momentum.

Cheers,
Steve