streams-dev mailing list archives

From sblackmon <sblack...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tech debt cleanup for Future releases
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2016 18:34:24 GMT
(a) +1 for sure.

STREAMS-348: Create coding guidelines document for website
STREAMS-349: Maven plugin that can validate all classes have a sensible javadoc header
STREAMS-350: Bring codebase into compliance with requirement for sensible javadoc headers.

(b) +1 I think.

I agree with minimizing, but think where we draw the boundary and how broadly we purge it
may warrant more discussion.

Let’s start by getting it out of:
streams-util
streams-config
streams-core
streams-pojo
streams-pojo-extensions
streams-schemas/*
streams-verbs

STREAMS-441: Remove compile dependency on guava for core packages

If it can be stripped out of streams-components/* and streams-contrib/* that’s good but
I don’t see as much of a problem with some of those modules using it as needed where it’s
truly useful.

Steve