streams-dev mailing list archives

From sblackmon <sblack...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Documentation on config JSON
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2016 18:03:24 GMT
Hey Trevor,

Each component (provider, processor, etc…) expects a certain type of configuration object,
all of which are defined using json-schemas checked into the module where that component resides.

In general, you can get at what type of configuration is required and what fields are necessary
from the corresponding module page on the website  such as http://streams.incubator.apache.org/site/0.4-incubating-SNAPSHOT/streams-project/streams-contrib/streams-provider-twitter/index.html
which has links to java-docs and related resource files for each provider.

You can also create the configuration beans directly with code instead of going through the
type safe framework, in which case you’ll get autocomplete on the getXXX / setXXX and fluent-style
withXXX methods if you are using a maven-aware IDE to code.

Hopefully this is helpful, let us know if not.

Good Luck,
Steve