streams-dev mailing list archives

From sblackmon <sblack...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Setting priorities for 0.4-incubating
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2016 16:56:17 GMT
With 0.3-incubating in the books, it’s time to take a look at what is most important for
the next release.

Here are a few concrete things I propose we tackle in October.  They are tagged in JIRA with
fixVersion=0.4

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STREAMS-418?filter=12338530

I saw some new issues being created the last few days.  Please keep it up, no matter how
small!

Major themes:
* Reboot and Clean-up
* Provider and Configuration consistency
* Prep for the AS 2.0 switch
Also:
* POC persist integration tests with docker
* POC provider integration tests that perform collection
* Fix lingering and simple bugs / documentation
* Flink example code

If we target early week of October 24 for code freeze and cut rc1 that should give us time
to get the release passed (hopefully with unanimous support from three active IPMC members
on PPMC) by our November report.

Feedback welcome!  And feel free to assign yourself or let us someone with permissions know
if you want to have something assigned to you.

Steve