streams-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Blackmon <st...@blackmon.org>
Subject Re: provider refactoring/improvement exemplar
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2016 14:32:32 GMT
This issue order makes sense to me, based on simplicity and complexity
of improvement:

> > STREAMS-403(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STREAMS-403)
> > Ensure all providers function stand-alone
> > STREAMS-411(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STREAMS-411)
> > ability (and instructions on how) to run providers directly from console
> > STREAMS-422(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STREAMS-422)
> > SNS providers should emit appropriately typed documents by default
> > STREAMS-415(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STREAMS-415)
> > Proof of concept integration test that pulls actual data from generator

In terms of which providers to target in what order, I’d suggest:

twitter
instagram
rss
youtube
facebook
gplus
sysomos
moreover

Further down the list: more uncertainly about what exactly to do, how
to do it, how to live test it, higher likelihood of encountering
technical debt.

If anyone wants to take a shot at any piece of this, go for it.  No
need for omni-bus PRs covering a full story or a full provider, every
incremental improvement helps. I’ll happily code review any PR that’s
opened and help get it finished.

Steve