streams-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Franklin <m.ben.frank...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Path to support for Activity Streams 2.0
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2016 14:53:47 GMT
On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 11:47 PM sblackmon <sblackmon@apache.org> wrote:

> All,
>

> Several parties on the mailing list have brought up adoption of Activity
> Streams 2.0 as an important step forward for the project, and I completely
> agree.

+1.  IMO it is important to making the project more visible to the wider AS
community.

> To help frame the conversation around making this happen, I’ve created two
> resources for your review, and welcome suggestions and questions.
>

> 1 - a pull request to the w3c activity streams github with an
> implementation report written as if all existing Apache Streams
> functionality were AS 2.0 compatible.
>

> https://github.com/w3c/activitystreams/pull/356

Though premature, I like that you are engaging other communities that might
have members who are interested in the work here.

> 2 - a wiki page with some high-level notes of a logical (I think) sequence
> of steps to move from only AS 1.0 support to full AS 2.0 support.
>

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STREAMS/Activity+Streams+2.0

I will submit comments on the wiki page as well as the related PRs.

Please feel free to submit comments on or changes to either document.  Let