streams-dev mailing list archives

From Suneel Marthi <suneel.mar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pencils down for 0.4-incubating...
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2016 04:46:01 GMT
I have a PR that's WIP but please don't wait on me finishing to cut the release this weekend.

The draft of release notes  looks good.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 20, 2016, at 11:37 PM, sblackmon <sblackmon@apache.org> wrote:
>
> I’m hoping to cut a release candidate for 0.4-incubating on Sunday - so please try
to PR anything you’ve been working on that’s ready by then - or let me know if you need
just a little more time for anything.

> The draft copy I’ve written to announce the release is below - feedback welcome.
>
> —
>
> The Apache Streams team is pleased to announce the release of Apache Streams 0.4-incubating.

> Apache Streams (incubating) unifies a diverse world of digital profiles and online activities
into common formats and vocabularies, and makes these datasets accessible across a variety
of databases, devices, and platforms for streaming, browsing, search, sharing, and analytics
use-cases.

> The project aims to provide simple two-way data interchange with popular REST APIs in
activity streams formats using a universal protocol. Streams compatibility with multiple storage
back-ends and ability to be embedded within any java-based real-time or batch data processing
platform ensures that its interoperability features come with little technical baggage.

> 0.4-incubating adds the ability for consumer provider classes (twitter, instagram, facebook,
google+, rss, and youtube) to be run directly from a linux command prompt or an sbt shell,
and adds documentation on the project website to help users get started collecting data with
needing to build from source first.  Integration test coverage has been expanded to include
data pulls from third-party services using developer-supplied credentials, and reading/writing
data to databases launched within docker containers for testing purposes.

> 0.4-incubating also adds classes and maven plugins capable of translating json schemas,
which might include dependencies on other json schemas within the same source tree or hosted
anywhere on the web, into source code (Java, Scala), and resource file to help configure popular
data frameworks (cassandra, elasticsearch, hbase, hive, and pig) to analyze documents which
comply with those schemas.

> 0.4-incubating also includes updates to many third-party dependencies, adding official
support for Elasticsearch 2+, Mongo 3+, and Neo4j 3+,