streams-dev mailing list archives

From Joey Frazee <joey.fra...@icloud.com>
Subject Re: Submitting and Handling Github PRs
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2016 14:09:31 GMT
I've seen some use of Github PR comment templates/pre-filled forms to remind the submitter
to do all the necessary stuff:

- JIRA issue opened
- JIRA issue in the title
- Run contrib-check
- Link to Apache CLA form
- Anything else?

It's a nice place to put the info since it's not uncommon for people to start contributing
without ever checking whatever guidelines are in place.

I think this is another infra task though?

> On Oct 22, 2016, at 4:13 PM, Timothy Spann <tspann@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> That is very helpful
>

> On 10/22/16, 5:03 PM, "sblackmon" <sblackmon@apache.org> wrote:
>
>    That’s a nice PR tutorial page.  We should add one like it to the streams website.
>
>    +1 to squashing and referencing JIRA on every commit message as common practice -
should make it easier to follow what’s happened on master branch.