streams-dev mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Retire Apache Streams to the attic
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2016 16:38:42 GMT
On 2016-09-23 17:50, Suneel Marthi wrote:
> I would echo Benjamin again. While in all honestly, I might not be able to
> dedicate any time in Streams development given that I am fully engaged in 4
> other Apache projects, I would like to join this project as a mentor and help
> steer this to TLP.

That is a great offer Suneel and I'd welcome you to become mentor of Apache
Streams.

Not sure about the proper process for this, but I think all this requires is
that you say so (or at least request) on general@ and we then can add you
to the project status page [1]

Ate

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/streams.html

> Here's a video of Steve's talk in Berlin from last week
> btw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlU1h0SV4SQ

Cool, I'll watch it later this weekend.
@Steve: might it be useful to put a link on the Streams website?

> On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 11:45 AM, Benjamin Young <byoung@bigbluehat.com
> <mailto:byoung@bigbluehat.com>> wrote:
>
>     I am currently sitting in the W3C’s Social Web Working Group’s face-to-face
>     meeting and have just finished discussing features of ActivityStreams 2.0:
>
>     https://www.w3.org/TR/activitystreams-core/
>     <https://www.w3.org/TR/activitystreams-core/>
>

>     The Social Web WG is nearing the end of it’s charter, and preparing to ship
>     the AS2.0 spec—which could be an opportunity for the Apache Streams
>     community to get back on its feet.
>

>     Had I known this group was in danger of shut-down, I would have done more
>     this week (at the W3C’s big face-to-face meeting: TPAC). I even gave a
>     presentation on getting W3C folks involved in ASF projects and vice versa.
>

>     There is great opportunity yet untapped for combining W3C and ASF
>     activities, and I’d hate to see this project disappear before such a major
>     moment in the chronology of ActivityStreams 2.0.
>

>     To that end, I’d like to know how I might help “jump start” the Apache
>     Streams (incubating) project and will certainly be pointing all W3C arrows
>     this direction.
>

>     So: Please don’t close this group before more cross engagement with the
>     Social Web WG and the ActivityStreams 2.0 community has happened.
>

>     Thanks!
>
>     Benjamin
>

>     --
>     http://bigbluehat.com/