streams-dev mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: Link Forward
Date Sun, 25 Sep 2016 20:35:07 GMT
Hi Steve,

On 2016-09-25 22:06, apache wrote:
> Ate,
>
> I’m working on a post for http://blogs.apache.org/streams/ which will link to
> the talk video, presentation, with the highlights as text.
>
> The presentation itself is available
> http://sblackmon-apache-org.herokuapp.com/flinkforward2016.html - it looks
> terrific in safari but broken in chrome, still trying to figure out why and how
> to fix.

I just watched the video on youtube, which looked fine.
But indeed the presentation itself is broken in chrome.

I liked the video, good talk, and a cool example what you can do with, among
things, Streams.
But from a technical POV I think it was mostly about big data usage/mapping
/filtering/transforming in general and your app in particular.
It would have been even cooler if in the presentation the where and how Apache
Streams is used had been more obvious :-)