streams-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Blackmon <sblack...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Streams Web Site, Maven Sites, misc Documentation - proposed next steps
Date Mon, 29 Feb 2016 23:19:01 GMT

> One thing which I think can 'spice up' the overview page a bit more would
> be a
> diagram providing some very high-level interaction between data sources and
> destinations and the streams role between them.

I agree - a diagram depicting streams mediating between sources and
destination on the landing page is appropriate.  I'll work on this soon.

And before replacing the current site several existing pages need to be
> moved to
> the new one. But once those are done I think this is great improvement.

I've pushed a new version (to the source and site links from my prior
message) that brings most of the existing content along, using the
reporting-info plugin to generate the HTML where possible.

On a few of the pages - SCM, CI, and Dependency Info - the output of the
maven plugin simply isn't adequate for a multi-repository project such as
this, so those are now managed within src/site/markdown

Release Setup and Release Process need some cleanup but all of the content
has been migrated.

Other report-info pages - such as Dependencies, Dependency Management,
Dependency Convergence, JavaDocs, Test JavaDocs,  - don't make sense at the
streams-master level but do exist and are useful within streams-project,
streams-examples, and many of their respective sub-modules.

In theory those additional report items will show up when navigating into
the site hierarchy of the sub-projects (links to each sub-project are
present along the header), which will inherit the structure, look-and-feel,
and breadcrumb of this site revision.  Naturally these changes must be
deployed to streams.incubator.apache.org and sub-project pom.xml and
site_en.xml will need some tweaking but I'm optimistic it will all fit
together nicely.

Steve Blackmon
sblackmon@apache.org