streams-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Blackmon <sblack...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] STREAMS-213 - maven site
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2015 19:43:27 GMT
Team,

Wanted to share some progress I made on generating a maven site for streams.

I've got a version deployed if you want to take a look.

Primary site:
http://streams.peoplepattern.com.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/streams-project/0.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT/index.html

Streams-POJO module (page authored in markdown):
http://streams.peoplepattern.com.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/streams-project/0.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT/streams-pojo/index.html

Javadocs (link to this in side menu on primary site):
http://streams.peoplepattern.com.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/streams-project/0.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT/apidocs/index.html

Hard-link to activity JSON Schema
http://streams.peoplepattern.com.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/streams-project/0.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT/streams-pojo/activity.json

A schema hard-link can be used as an http-based $ref in a jsonschema
definitions outside streams-project and jsonschema2pojo will generate
an object that extends a specific subclass of Activity or
ActivityObject!

{
"extends": {
  "$ref": "http://streams.peoplepattern.com.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/streams-project/0.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT/streams-pojo/verbs/post.json"
}
}

I've done some testing on this concept and it appears to be working.

Also note that because the version is in the URL, implementations can
depend on specific versions of the schema to defend against the
compile tooling failing if jsonschemas in streams change.

I think this is pretty cool and wanted to share.

Steve Blackmon
sblackmon@apache.org