streams-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Blackmon <sblack...@apache.org>
Subject Proposed CHANGELOG for streams-project release 0.2-incubating
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2015 19:13:08 GMT
TL;DR - A bunch of good stuff has merged or is ready to merge.  Let's
push to complete in progress tickets, so I can begin process to
release streams 0.2 this week and streams-examples shortly thereafter.

Here is the current set of changes I'm planning to include in
incubator-streams 0.2-rc1.

RESOLVED:

STREAMS-47
Complete, test, and document mongo persist
STREAMS-147
Platform-level type conversion
STREAMS-214
Create, test, and document file-backed persistance module
STREAMS-257
ActivityConverterProcessor should apply reflection mode when
configuration is not provided
STREAMS-278
Rework pig runtime as part of switch from 'Serializer' to 'Converter'
STREAMS-281
enable BroadcastMessagePersister
STREAMS-283
Logstash-friendly monitoring
STREAMS-284
Read/write parent IDs in streams-persist-elasticsearch
STREAMS-285
Add all objectTypes in spec to streams-pojo
STREAMS-286
Add all verbs in spec to streams-pojo
STREAMS-293
allow for missing metadata fields in streams-persist-hdfs
STREAMS-301
streams-converters: HOCON Converter

IN PROGRESS WITH OPEN PR:

STREAMS-243
S3 Persist Writer does not flush or shutdown on stream shutdown
STREAMS-235
TwitterFollowingProvider
STREAMS-259
Filter a stream of Activities for specific verbs and objectTypes
STREAMS-271
suggest increasing JVM heap in readme
STREAMS-273
Support POST endpoints in streams-http

Please take some time over the next 48 hours to review the open PRs in
streams-project.

I will send another email detailing the resolved and in-progress
features proposed for the streams-examples.

Thanks,

Steve Blackmon
sblackmon@apache.org