streams-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Blackmon <sblack...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Release Apache Streams vension 0.1-incubating (rc2)
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2015 23:59:38 GMT
Submit any discussion items related to the open vote to this thread.  I
have a few comments to start.

1)
Many jars, including test jars, sources, and javadoc jars were lacking a
disclaimer in rc1.  Since these are not actually artifacts of the release
(only the source archive is), and in the interest of completing this
release so development can move forward, I disabled build of test jars,
sources, and javadoc jar artifacts in this release candidate.

2)
As far as I can tell, jar artifacts now contain DISCLAIMERS, and no jars
remain in the source archive.  Thus all issues which precipitated -1 votes
for rc1 have been addressed.

3)
As Ate mentioned, improvements to the website and project READMEs would
help others outside the community understand what streams does and how to
get started.  I will be spending time on the website and preparing a code
donation that should help new users get started, specifically the
streams-examples repository.

4)
It would be great to get all of the issues in JIRA updated to the right
status, so all legitimate resolved issues can be associated to version 0.1
and closed once we have our release finalized.

Steve Blackmon
sblackmon@apache.org