streams-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Franklin <m.ben.frank...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Streams version 0.1-incubating (rc3)
Date Sun, 25 Jan 2015 21:54:52 GMT
On Sun Jan 25 2015 at 4:44:12 PM John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org>
wrote:

> On Sun Jan 25 2015 at 4:02:32 PM Ate Douma <ate@douma.nu> wrote:
>
> > On 2015-01-25 14:12, John D. Ament wrote:
> > > Steve,
> > >
> > > Then more likely than not your license and notice files are not
> correct.
> > Why?
> >

> If you have dependencies on non-AL artifacts, their licenses should be in
> your license file.

This is for bundled bits or code only [1], not for linked artifacts using
the build system (maven).  This release does not bundle external bits nor
does it include code not donated/written by the project.

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#bundled-vs-non-bundled

> Likewise your NOTICE should reflect these dependencies, in case of any
> reciprocity requirements.

The NOTICE should only reflect copyright statements from compatible
licenses that require notification of copyright external to the LICENSE
file.