streams-dev mailing list archives

From Stanton Sievers <ssiev...@apache.org>
Subject SNAPSHOT version dependencies
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2014 17:05:00 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'm looking through the streams code base and I've noticed some
dependencies on SNAPSHOT resources in a few places.  From a release
standpoint this is generally frowned upon because functionality can change
over time without changes in the code base simply because a newer SNAPSHOT
dependency was pulled in.  In fact, it is the default behavior of the maven
release plugin to fail a build if SNAPSHOT dependencies are detected.

The few instances I've noticed are in the google-gmail,
streams-persist-hbase, and streams-persist-hdfs modules.  The
streams-master parent version is also a snapshot currently.

If no one objects to the general idea of not having SNAPSHOT dependencies,
I'll get a pull request up that fixes the versions in these 4 places.

Additionally, this project can make use of the maven-enforcer-plugin to
ensure that no snapshots are used as part of project policy.

Thanks,
-Stanton