streams-dev mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: September report
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2014 23:46:24 GMT
On 08-09-14 06:57, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
> Hi!
>
> it looks like September report is almost done,
> except the following podlings:
>    * Streams
>        [ ](streams) Matt Franklin
>        [ ](streams) Ate Douma
>        [ ](streams) Craig McClanahan

> If there's any chance the above mentors can
> facilitate the report and later sign-off on
> it would be really appreciated.

Hi Roman,

I'm sorry about the missing Streams report.

The problem here is that the current committers, while pretty much active on
Streams itself, still have trouble getting it into their skull and planning to
draft up a report themselves, so that we (mentors) can sign it off...
Previous reports so far had to be drafted up by the mentors to get it done in
time, despite repeated nudges.

The last time we warned the committers we would do this no more: part of
learning the ropes and working towards graduation is that they also learn to
take up this responsibility themselves.
Regrettably, they again failed to pick this up and clearly I'm annoyed and
disappointed :(

Hopefully though this blunder and the fact they should 'fix' this already for
the report next month will finally make them realize this is not something they
can keep overlooking.

To be clear, IMO the Streams committers are actually making good progress with
the project itself, so from that perspective I do not think the IPMC has much to
be worried about. They just need some spanking to get their act together with
respect for the Foundation :)

So hopefully this direct feedback will be enough 'spanking' ;) and we'll see a
proper report delivered and signed off the next month.

Kind regards,
Ate