streams-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Blackmon <st...@blackmon.org>
Subject Re: Hi All
Date Sun, 06 Jul 2014 22:17:19 GMT
Hi Amol,

Building a new module in streams-contrib is a good way to get started with the project. What
data APIs and databases are you familiar with or interest you?

On the project JIRA we have stories to complete, test, and document several work-in-progress
data providers and databases - you can pick up one of those, or create new stories for whatever
data sources or tools you most want to work with.

I usually start out a new module by creating simple example that collects and stores documents
end-to-end, and use that module to debug while I develop.  Checkout https://github.com/w2ogroup/streams-examples
to see what i mean.

Happy to have you on the list!

Steve Blackmon