streams-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Franklin <m.ben.frank...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ElasticSearch writer
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2014 19:07:52 GMT
On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 3:04 PM, Jason Letourneau <jletourneau80@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am screwing around with the examples (which are awesome btw) and running
> into a confusing state.  Seems like persistent writer is writing
> successfully, but no attempt at writing to elasticsearch (using the twitter
> example) is happening.
>
> 5:02:24.239 [pool-2-thread-3] DEBUG o.a.s.l.t.StatusCounterMonitorThread -
> class org.apache.streams.local.tasks.StreamsPersistWriterTask: 0 attempted,
> 4 success, 0 partial, 0 failed, 4 total
> 15:02:24.241 [pool-2-thread-2] DEBUG o.a.s.l.t.StatusCounterMonitorThread -
> class org.apache.streams.elasticsearch.ElasticsearchPersistWriter: 0
> attempted, 0 success, 0 partial, 0 failed, 0 total
>
> From what I can tell, ES and Streams seem to be happily connected on
> startup - any simple thing I am messing up that comes to mind?

ES Writer flushes on two occasions: 1) When 100 items have been written to
it by the StreamsPersistWriterTask and 2) when the background timer detects
that it hasn't flushed in 10s

One of these two conditions should have been hit.  Have you built the
latest master branch of streams before building your code?