streams-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Douglas <robert.baker.doug...@gmail.com>
Subject Desired behavior for DataSift user_mention serialization
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2014 16:50:59 GMT
Hi all,

I’m currently working on cleaning up the implementation of the DataSift
serializer and have come upon an issue. The data that we get back in a
DataSift Interaction object contains two fields, mentions (which has all
the handles for mentioned users) and mention_ids (which has all the Ids for
mentioned users). Problem is, there is no guarantee that these two lists
will be the same size. My current solution is to merge together the handles
and Ids into individual UserMention objects whenever the mentions and
mention_ids lists are the same size. In the event that those lists are not
the same size, I create UserMention objects for every entry in both lists.

Does anyone have an different opinion on how this should be handled?

— Robert