streams-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Blackmon <sblack...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Starting the project
Date Wed, 21 May 2014 18:59:29 GMT
I will happily accept pull requests to streams-examples, although I
don't think it would need to change for an update to the provider to
be applied (except perhaps to add that verb filtering step)

I am willing to donate all of the examples, but I don't think they
belong in the main repo.  What if there were 50 examples many
containing integration tests?  Build would take forever - plus I don't
think that a single example failing a test should break the build.
Mahout suffered from really long-builds and handled it by separating
the examples out from core.

When the project was hosting in SVN, we had the ability to create and
checkout different roots (the master pom was in a different root for
example).  If we can do the same using Git I propose we put the
examples in as a flat multi-module project that way.

Any thoughts?

Steve Blackmon
sblackmon@apache.org