streams-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Douglas [W2O Digital]" <rdoug...@w2odigital.com>
Subject New Generalized Extensions for ActivityStreams Schema
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2014 15:57:59 GMT
Hi all,

Given that there are certain attributes that are similar across multiple social media feeds
(ie. A ‘like’ on Facebook, ‘favorite’ on twitter, and ‘+1’ on Google+ are all
equivalent) I think it makes sense to break these out into generalized extensions. I’d like
to propose the following extensions:

 *   extensions.hashtags
    *   An array that holds an entry for each unique hashtag mentioned in a post
 *   extensions.likes.perspectival
    *   A boolean field that denotes whether or not this post was favorited by another user
 *   extensions.likes.count
    *   The total number of likes a post received
 *   extensions.rebroadcasts.perspectival
    *   Whether or not this post was rebroadcasted
 *   extensions.rebroadcasts.count
    *   The total number of rebroadcasts this post received
 *   extensions.rebroadcasts.users
    *   An array that holds an entry for each user that rebroadcasted this post
 *   extensions.user_mentions
    *   An array that holds an entry for each user that is mentioned in this post
 *   extensions.urls
    *   An array that holds an entry for each URL that is mentioned in this post. Each entry
would have both the raw URL in addition to just its domain
 *   extensions.gender
    *   The gender of the author

What are everyone’s thoughts?

Thanks,