streams-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Franklin <m.ben.frank...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Howdy Everyone
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2014 20:06:47 GMT
On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 1:42 PM, Matthew Hager [W2O Digital] <
mhager@w2odigital.com> wrote:

> Team!
>
> I would like to introduce myself, my Name is Matthew (Smashew) and live in
> Sunny, Hot, super hot, Austin Texas. I would like to thank you for
> welcoming me into your team for the Apache-Streams project! I have
> submitted a few JIRA tickets of things I think could be improved in Apache
> Streams and would love to collaborate and solicit your mentorship.

> About Me
> I am a long time Big Data developer with a specialty in Social Media
> Analytics. Specifically, I work with Lucene, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, AWS and
> related technologies. While I am primarily a Java developer, I also benefit
> from being a full stack developer with experience in HTML 5, Angular, iOS /
> Objective-C, and Windows Fat-Client programming (C#).
>
> For the issues that I created in Jira under Smashew, my overwhelming
> exuberance to contribute has already allowed me to complete the programming
> required to satisfy these tickets. Any guidance this team could lend me on
> how best to engage in the future would be amazing.

Glad to have you as part of the community.  I look forward to seeing your
patches for the tickets you created.

As for how to engage in the future, you are off to a great start.  If you
have a small patch that is inline with the current direction of the
project, then creating issues and submitting patches is the way to go.  If
you have a breaking change, new direction or completely new feature, the
best thing to do is create a short proposal and send an e-mail to the list
for discussion.  We operate under lazy consensus [1], so you can be assured
that the community will not block forward progress through lack of response.

Aside from that, participate in any of the discussions that come into the
list.

[1] https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#LazyConsensus