streams-dev mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Generalized Extensions for ActivityStreams Schema
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2014 16:12:13 GMT
In this proposal, how would these manifest in the json structure?

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 8:57 AM, Robert Douglas [W2O Digital]
<rdouglas@w2odigital.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Given that there are certain attributes that are similar across multiple social media
feeds (ie. A ‘like’ on Facebook, ‘favorite’ on twitter, and ‘+1’ on Google+ are
all equivalent) I think it makes sense to break these out into generalized extensions. I’d
like to propose the following extensions:

>  *   extensions.hashtags
>     *   An array that holds an entry for each unique hashtag mentioned in a post
>  *   extensions.likes.perspectival
>     *   A boolean field that denotes whether or not this post was favorited by another
user
>  *   extensions.likes.count
>     *   The total number of likes a post received
>  *   extensions.rebroadcasts.perspectival
>     *   Whether or not this post was rebroadcasted
>  *   extensions.rebroadcasts.count
>     *   The total number of rebroadcasts this post received
>  *   extensions.rebroadcasts.users
>     *   An array that holds an entry for each user that rebroadcasted this post
>  *   extensions.user_mentions
>     *   An array that holds an entry for each user that is mentioned in this post
>  *   extensions.urls
>     *   An array that holds an entry for each URL that is mentioned in this post. Each
entry would have both the raw URL in addition to just its domain