streams-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Blackmon <sblack...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Build failures
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 17:11:57 GMT
A lead integrator knowing and asserting state of the code is
essential, but having easily accessible objective stats at the ready
can help with effective communication and decision making.  Scanning
builds.apache.org it's apparent that many projects have multiple
stable, unstable, and release candidate branches under CI
concurrently.

I was thinking some other developers might pitch in on refactoring the
17 remaining modules in streams-contrib to work with
StreamsLocalBuilder, and that comparing the jenkins build reports of
trunk and branch could indicate when it was ready to merge.  The code
base is reasonably simple and small today, but growing rapidly, and
will become more complex as additional runtimes such as storm and
hadoop with external version and dependency issues are supported.
Since we are setting up CI, we might as well discuss and pilot some of
these scenarios.

Thanks,
Steve