streams-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Geer <ch...@cxtsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Using Camel for Routing
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2013 00:14:33 GMT
On Thursday, October 3, 2013, Danny Sullivan wrote:

> Hey all,
> I've been considering taking a stab at moving streams from it's current
> configuration with Camel to a Spring Web Service.

Spring MVC != Camel. The driver for camel was an easily composable solution
that gets you access to various services like Twitter and Facebook. If you
just want a web service I'd recommend CXF.

Concerns over failover and load balancing would be mitigated by the
> Cassandra DB (running on 9160) and Storm (which depends on an instance of
> Zookeeper on 2181).

Just my 2 cents, but adding requirements for Cassandra and Zookeeper raises
the bar on "ease of use" quite a bit. Not saying it might not be the right
choice, just and observation.

> Before I start lancing any windmills I thought it'd be nice to get input
> on why the design choice was made to base the application around Camel?
> I think that tracking the flow of an activity through the application will
> be much easier if we use Spring MVC. I'll set up a new branch using the MVC
> architecture and I'll keep the community updated as I go along.

What is the primary driver for introducing another major framework like
Spring?