streams-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Franklin <m.ben.frank...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Switching Streams from Camel deployment to .war deployment
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2013 20:47:46 GMT

> Matt, I understand what you are trying to do here but again, big picture
> I'm sure sure it's this clean cut. Maybe it is for simple implementations
> but I would think larger system would require a combination of things like
> Storm and Camel working together.

Possibly.  The main point I was trying to get across is that we need a core
way to define:

* An over-arching workflow for processing
* Boundary message formats
* Utilities and common models
* Interfaces for workflow steps that can be implemented via whatever
mechanism suites the solution best

In the case where you are processing millions of items a day, this
orchestration layer is the single biggest value add of the project IMO.