streams-dev mailing list archives

From Danny Sullivan <dsulliv...@hotmail.com>
Subject More Cassandra Branch Updates
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2013 20:27:33 GMT
The cassandra branch under https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/streams/branches/cassandra/
is at the point where I'd like to start the conversation about merging it with trunk. It works
by taking in all activity off the activemq and storing it in the cassandra database. The new
activity aggregator has a method distributeToSubscribers which runs on a timer every 30 seconds
and pushes relevant activity to all subscribers based on the filters they've specified and
last time that their streams were updated.
For my branch I used the DataStax java driver. I'd like to keep a couple chips in the CQL
driver pot, at least until Intravert has a stable release and the Cassandra wiki  retracts
the recommendation of exclusive use of CQL clients.
I've been using cassandra 1.2 for running it.
I'd like to hear what everyone thinks and if there's support, perhaps we can merge the branch.
Danny